No, filing a workers’ compensation claim is not difficult. You simply need to notify your employer that you were injured at work and then complete the necessary paperwork. Your employer will then submit the claim to their insurance company.
However, getting your workers’ compensation claim approved can be difficult. The insurance company may deny your claim for a variety of reasons, such as:
- They do not believe that your injury was caused by your job
- They do not believe that your injury is as serious as you say it is
- They think that you are trying to fraudulently collect benefits
If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, don’t give up. You have options, and we are here to help.
What Can I Do if My Workers’ Compensation Has Been Denied?
The first thing you should do if your workers’ compensation claim has been denied is to request a written explanation from the insurance company. They are required by law to provide you with a written denial that includes the specific reasons why your claim was denied.
Once you have received the insurance company’s written denial, you can appeal the decision.
You have the right to appeal the insurance company’s decision to deny your workers’ compensation claim. The appeals process will vary depending on your state, but it typically involves filing additional paperwork and then appearing before an administrative law judge.
If you decide to appeal the decision, it is important to act quickly. There are deadlines for filing an appeal, and if you miss the deadline, you may lose your right to appeal.
What Can Help My Workers’ Comp Process?
There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting your workers’ compensation claim approved. These include:
- Seeking medical attention as soon as possible after your injury—This will help to prove that you truly were injured at work and that the injury is serious enough to warrant workers’ comp benefits.
- Documenting evidence of the accident and any resulting injuries—Take pictures of the scene, collect witness statements, and save receipts related to your treatment or recovery. All this evidence can help support your claim if it is denied.
- Working with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer—A good attorney can review all the details of your case and provide valuable legal advice on how to proceed. They will advocate for your rights and help you with an appeal.
Is Hiring a Lawyer Worth It?
Yes, hiring a workers’ compensation lawyer can be extremely beneficial when it comes to filing and appealing a workers’ comp claim. A good lawyer will have extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding workers’ compensation claims in your state.
They will also have experience working with insurance companies and administrative law judges, which gives them valuable insight into how these organizations operate and what strategies might work best for your specific case. Work with our law firm today to get started on your appeal.